The Crow Island PTO would like to thank all parents and families for their support. The Crow Island PTO operates as a non-profit organization under the by-laws of the Winnetka 36 Central PTO. In addition to funds generously donated by our families, the Crow Island PTO raises funds through various fundraisers throughout the school year including the sale of Crow Island Spiritwear, the beloved Run-A-Thon, the Book Fair, Pizza Fun Lunch Fridays, and our ongoing Hot Lunch Program.
As a result of our fundraisers and our families’ generous donations, the Crow Island PTO has been able to provide funding for the following staff-requested needs over recent years:
- New First Grade Playground equipment including a Percussion Play area, which will significantly enhance the outdoor play areas
- New state-of-the-art screen and projector for the auditorium
- New turtle tank
- New social learning materials to be used by the speech and language therapists as they have recognized the need and importance for more social learning in the general education curriculum at all grade levels
- New KW equipment including 2 sets of Squairs, which are a fairly new product and are unique because one half is able to glide along the floor while the other half is stable
- Investment in materials for the “Maker Space” in the Crow Island resource center
- New family swag
- Art room supplies
Many of these projects are on-going and we need your continued support.