The Crow Island Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) manages and funds a variety of initiatives each year to develop, enhance, and support Crow Island students and teachers in all aspects of the school environment. PTO Board members, including the Executive Board and dozens of Committee Chairs, collectively work with hundreds of parent volunteers and staff members throughout the school year.
PTO Programs and Events
Among many other responsibilities, Crow Island PTO Committees manage:
- All aspects of our Hot Lunch Program
- Creation and distribution of our biweekly newsletter, the Crow Island Bulletin, as well as ongoing PTO website updating
- Our extensive Staff Appreciation program, including Staff Appreciation week in May
- Welcoming activities for new families, such as a welcome coffee and kindergarten popsicle party
- Logistics for Pioneer Room scheduling, tours, and laundry
- Special events for 4th graders, including an Immigration Day international lunch and an end-of-year party. more>>
PTO Funds and How They Are Used
The Crow Island PTO collects dues from parents via Infosnap during registration. These funds stay within our own building. In addition, fundraising is a key responsibility of the PTO, and a variety of fundraisers are held throughout the school year. Annual fundraising events include the Run-a-thon and the Book Fair. Funds are also raised on an ongoing basis during the school year, through programs such as the Hot Lunch Program and the Grand Food for Funds. The proceeds of all these fundraisers are then invested directly back into our school building, property, and curriculum. Some examples of items funded by the PTO in recent years include:
- A new swing set in the 1st and 2nd Grade Playground
- Enhanced technology for the school, notably our newly upgraded auditorium audio system
- Imagination Playground for the 1st Grade blacktop
- Costs and supplies associated with a variety of annual events such as the Crow Island Family Picnic, Field Day, and the 4th Grade Party
- Teacher wishlist items, such as innovative classroom materials and furnishings
- Professional skills development opportunities for teachers
A list of PTO Program & Events can be found here.
The Crow Island PTO welcomes the involvement of all parents–it makes many school programs possible. The efforts of parents truly enhance the culture of our school and the educational experience for our children. You’ll find ways to help during the school day as well as from home–there’s something to fit every schedule! For instance, you can:
- Chair or join a committee that has ongoing responsibilities, such as Community Outreach, Staff Appreciation, and Landscaping
- Chair or join a committee that supports school programs
- Chair or join one of our fundraising committees (Spiritwear, Book Fair, Hot Lunch Program, Run-a-thon)
- Chair or join a committee that has a one-time event, such as Math Night, Field Day, and the S.T.E.AM Expo
- Nominate yourself for an Executive Board position for next school year; the slating process typically begins in March
- Volunteer to be a Room Parent for your child’s class
To find out more about the PTO committees that still need volunteers, please look at Join the PTO or email: email@example.com.
The PTO enhances the educational experience of Crow Island students by financing a variety of programs as well as upgrading our facility and materials. The PTO is integral to the ongoing success of Crow Island operations and special initiatives. We hope you’ll consider volunteering and/or supporting PTO events and fundraisers. Please be assured that your generosity is appreciated and will have a direct impact on our wonderful school and its students.